Pages


Saturday, May 26, 2012

Who took these photos?

I've been teaching myself photoshop (well, the free version of it, a program called GIMP) and have come across really interesting pictures of the stars from the silent era (you can see the ones i've done so far here: http://pinterest.com/whthpnd2hlywd/colorized/).  The most interesting to me have been this line of shots:
Swanson

ZaSu Pitts

They are so somber and dark, and the opposite of most of the stills I've found of top stars from the silent era.  I've searched all over the web and cannot find any info on the original.  Im captivated by these pics and figured you folks would be the ones to ask!  Anyone know who shot these, where they came from, or why they are so melancholy? Any info would be greatly appreciated, or if you know of any others shot like this of other stars from that time, my curiosity is killing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment